Muddy boots

Muddy boots
Messy hands

Friday 16 January 2015

Wet January?

I wasn't expecting to have such a long gap between posts, but life has been hectic.  As well as having Christmas and all of the associated delights and duties we have also moved house. We are now in a different part of the country with a new job for Mr Green and new challenges and opportunities for all of us. We are having fun exploring the area,  trying to make friends and trying to be involved in our new community.

I am trying to keep my head above water and not succumb to the January blues but it's hard.  January sucks. Its post-festive, grey, cold, soggy, austere qualities are depressing enough but I have some difficult anniversaries to get through.  So...I need a strategy,  and that is as follows:


  1.  Forget any notion of 'dry January' and embrace merry consumption of wine (in moderation of course! )
  2. As above re diet and chocolate etc
  3. Enjoy simple pleasures
  4. Make time for my creative pursuits
  5. Make time for fun with the kids
  6. Arrange things to look forward to
  7. Be mindful
  8. Do good deeds.  
January needs to be filled with cosy evenings, warm hugs, yummy (albeit frugal) food and good friends / family. I have been grumpy and irritable today due to various worries but pausing to reflect (instead of tidying the house) has helped to put things in perspective.  This is a very general post with lots of unsaid things,  but that's ok. Moving is tricky but exciting. I will do what i can to help the children settle.

So, sod the tidying,  forget all the worries for now, I'm going to go and hug my kids and look forward to a cosy Friday night in with Mr Green. And maybe wine. And chocolate...

No comments:

Post a Comment