Muddy boots

Muddy boots
Messy hands

Sunday 25 January 2015

Reasons to be cheerful: 1, 2, 3...

Yesterday has been and gone and I got through it.  Today is a new day so I am going to start on a positive note.

Things I have to be thankful for:


  1. I have a loving family
  2. I have a decent place to live
  3. I have my health (if you ignore the current virus attack)
  4. I have food,  warmth and clothes
  5. I am well educated
I could go on, but you get the picture.  I also like to notice life's simple pleasures,  which for me include the sound of the sea, the smell of warm privet, the sight of a conker nestling in its case, acorns, lambs, forget me nots, tea in bed, a spontaneous hug, being creative.

Another one which is pretty rare is not being woken up at night,  and last night it happened!  Ok so Apple woke up just as I was going to bed and I didn't leave her room til nearly 2am after trying to resettle her, but that aside, Sausage slept all night. Hooray! I did have to clear up dog poo when I took him downstairs this morning as Wobble's sensitive stomach is playing up again,  but it didn't diminish my joy!

This coming week I need to do battle with two different councils about school places and council tax refunds,  and will need to entertain the troops whilst feeling under the weather,  but hey ho. It's nearly February,  I am expecting a visit from lovely brother soon and I can feel a baking session coming on. Onward and upward.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment